Wednesday, November 9, 2016

#3 Dry

I woke up with my pillow smeared with blush, and my face looking like a zombie with my makeup in all the wrong places. I was so exhausted last night that I forgot to take off my makeup again. I rolled out of bed and stumbled into the shower. I couldn't wait to hit reset on my appearance and wash away the filth of the day before. I turned the handle and... one lone drop dribbled out of the nozzle.
Are you kidding me?
I checked all my faucets with no luck; those pigs at the Victorian shut off my water. I was a little behind on rent. Just a little! and they had the audacity to cut my water... Ridiculous!
I ran out of my room, slamming my door behind me so Ellen could hear I was coming for her. That brat at the front desk has been rude to me ever since I moved in 2 years ago. I try and be friendly, heck I even got her a Christmas card, but that woman has no kindness in her.
I was about to walk into the lobby of The Victorian when someone tapped my shoulder from behind. I was so caught up in my anger that I hadn't noticed them coming, and I was a little surprised by the tap. No, that's a lie, I was extremely startled by the unexpected tap. "HUWHA" I exclaimed out, not quite forming a coherent response.
"Oh sorry, I was just wondering why you slammed your door so hard, you could have broke it." replied the woman in the hall. It was just Jackie Wackerman, the helpless janitor of my floor. I usually don't have a problem with her, except for her aggravating tenancy to be late all the time, but today I was mad. "Why'd you turn off my water!?" I yelled. "What. I... No it wasn't me, it's off for..."
"WHY" I interrupted. She was off on her mumbling again, trying to deflect blame off herself. She did the same thing when she took 6 days to fix my clogged toilet, and refused to take responsibility. I saw Cecelia Fisher poke her head out of apartment 4 to check on the commotion, but when she saw it was just Jackie and I, she was uninterested and went back inside.
"The water is off, it's the pipe, it just wasn't, this morning, Ellen told me, I, it's off." Jackie continued on saying little nothings. "TURN IT ON!" I shouted and walked right past her out the front door. I think I was scaring poor Jackie, and I probably should have felt bad about it, but I really wanted that shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment