Saturday, April 29, 2017

#8 Eclipse

Every now and then I get a little bit nervous that the best of all my years have gone by. In Hal South’s apartment I finally built up the courage to do it. I turned around. And looked in myself.
I used to play soccer. I think back on the lessons I learned from soccer at times. To have a clear goal in mind and to do anything to complete that. Somewhere in these past few weeks, I must have lost sight of my goal.
It’s kind of ridiculous. I’ve started stealing, living in the streets, and eating raw fish straight from the river. I turned away from Hal’s chessboard knowing I’d become a queen, and I began to move back across the board, retracing my steps.
I walked back to the river, and was surprised to see a rainbow glistening in the mist of the rushing waters. I was ready for my new beginning.
I walked through the park, past my tree, and up towards The Victorian. I headed through the front door, and called the elevator. I heard the distinctive “ding,” and was heading into the elevator when I felt a tap on my shoulder and a familiar voice. One I hadn’t heard since a party in the cemetery countless months ago. They said, “turn around bright eyes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment